There’s a big trend lately in the spartacus or warrior type workouts. Where you perform an exercise for set period of time, rest or a set period of time and continue on. It often builds a cycle such as 45 seconds work, 15 seconds rest, repeat.
Such timing can be a challenge. Stop watches and various apps were not cutting it for me. And face it, you can’t always stand in front of the clock at the gym.
I recently stumbled across Gymboss. An interval timer. At first, the price seemed a little high to me ($20), but I outweighed the fact I’ve been looking for two years for an effective way to pace and track time intervals. This little gadget does the trick!
- Custom settings. You can two interval time periods for your work/rest
- Great for spartacus/warrior workouts, boxing, martial arts
- Beep or vibrate mode to let you know an interval is over
- A variety of colors to choose from
- A little “bulky” when you compare it to many of the sleek music players out there, but it’s still small
- AAA battery operated. So keep a fresh supply on hand
- Takes a bit of trial and error to find the “right” place to clip it on yourself, depending on what exercises you’re tackling
Hands down this is one of the best items in my gym bag. No more guessing or short changing myself when I have specific, timed workouts. I’m on pace, making progress and making the best use of my time at the gym.