I’m a born again fitness nut with the rise of functional fitness and interval training. You never get bored. It’s efficient. It improves your ability to move effectively every day. And it leaves you sweaty and satisfied.
It comes in many flavors: P90X, spartan workouts, warrior workout, Insanity and so on. But, they all focus on timed, continuos movement of the body working combined muscled groups and in all planes of motion. You improve cardiovascular health, muscular endurance, muscular strength, flexibility, balance and body composition. And it usually takes 40 minutes or less.
So what’s beyond the fitness models and marketing hype behind these workouts? Why is it worth breaking away from the gym floor pack?
- Life doesn’t happen in slow motion. Move in real time, or faster.
- Evolve from isolation training (arm day, chest day, etc.) Work your entire body every time.
- Switch it up. There’s an endless combination of exercises, variations and circuits. No more boring routines at the gym.
- Improves your balance, muscle balance and flexibility.
- Leaves you looking more like an athlete.
- Heavy weight training and body building can wear and tear at the body, leaving you stiff, inflexible and unnaturally balanced. This all lines you up for injury.
Don’t take my word for it! Check out some of the blogs on my page. And stay tuned as I begin to post my out workouts in 2013.