Unfortunately, most of us have a day job that leaves little for physical exercise and plenty for sedentary punishment. While you may have a training schedule built around your work hours, there are a handful of steps you can do while in the office to stay on track with your wellness goals:
- Keep a water bottle at your desk and keep refilling it. Stay hydrated while at work and avoid downing cup after cup of coffee. Drinking water throughout the day will help you stay focused and have you ready to go for an evening workout
- Pack your lunch. Investing a few minutes the night before to pack a healthy and properly proportioned lunch will not only save you money, but keep you from over eating and indulging on less than healthy lunch options
- Move every hour. Get up from your desk at least once an hour and take a short walk (you can also refill your water bottle at this time). Stretch your legs, clear your mind and give your eyes a rest for a few moments.
- Birds of a feather stick together. Have other co-workers with a similar interests in fitness? Why not take walks on your lunch breaks? Or hit up a quick fitness class? Trade healthy snack and lunch recipes. Or use each other as a sounding board and support system to one another on track for your goals.
- Make a candy jar alternative. People always gravitate to the office that has the well-stocked candy jar. Why not create a healthy alternative to share with your co-workers? Stock it with small packets of almonds, dried goji berries or other healthier alternatives to chocolate.
What are some of your tips and tricks to making the office healthier?