Looking to switch things up a bit in the gym? How about a medicine ball high intensity interval workout? I came up with this program when the gym was busy and all the dumbbells and kettlebells were in high demand. It got the job done!
5 minutes on the track, the treadmill or any cardio to get your heart going and a light sweat.
Always add an element of balance into your daily workouts. Balance on right foot for up to 30 seconds, then left. Do this three times.
Medicine Ball HIIT:
- Medicine ball squat and overhead press
- Medicine ball push up (5 push ups with ball under one hand, switch)
- Medicine ball overhead walking lunge
- Medicine ball Russian twist
- Medicine ball hip bridge (place ball between legs near knees. Press together as you raise hips)
- Medicine ball chest press (Stand. Hold ball between palms against chest, squeezing ball. Now push ball straight out, while continuing to squeeze the ball with both hands)
- Medicine ball slams
- Medicine ball v-ups
10 reps of each, do this five times. Keep your body moving! Take a rest in between sets if needed, but try to cycle through all five sets with little stopping. And remember…FORM over speed.
Foam roll and static stretching.